Pan cakes or in this case griddle cakes to most are honey dripping butter oozing mouthfuls of goodness. On the other hand with just a few modifications one can make a really interesting party dish which is savory and sinful and not to forget super easy to cook. Bringing to you a dish that I love cooking when ever I am making a nice meal for people who don't quite like the Indian food palette. Here goes ...
250 cream cheese
120 g Refined Flour (Maida)
Oil or butter for grilling
- Separate the eggs
- Whisk the cheese and egg yolk together till light and fluffy
- Whist the egg whites till light and fluffy forming soft peaks. Keep Aside
- Beat the milk into the batter removing any lumps
- Sift the flour and gently fold in the batter.
- Softly mix in the fluffy egg whites
- Add baking powder
- Grill them till golden
Shrimps ( peeled deveined ) 100g
Diced Basa 100g
Chopepd onion 2 nos
chopped garlic 1 tbsp
chopped chives tbsp
chopped celery 1 tbsp
olive oil 2 tsp
- Heat the olive oil and saute the seafood and keep aside
- In the same pan add remaining ingredients and saute till they are all soft and change colour
- add the seafood back and sprinkle some white wine and cook till the moisture is dried out
Layer the pancakes with the sea food top with either a basic white sauce or a basic tomato sauce (pasta sauce ) if u like it tangy
Tip: I never throw away celery leaves, as when soaked in water they get nice and bright and crunchy. They make a lovely garnish .