A few days back i had the chance of going to the heavenly place Mcleodgunj, Himachal Pradesh. I
had gone there with friends from Mystic Yoga Studio. There we chanced upon this brilliant dish that they called Bhagsu Cake (Bhagsu was where we were staying) at the German Bakery. This dish had a very simple cheesecake like base and and was topped with a thin layer of fudge ganache. My friends told me there to recreate this and I added my personal touches and made a version of it.
So here goes...
1/3 tin condensed milk
50 g butter (salted)
1 tbsp corn flour
100 g coconut biscuits
50 g wheat flakes
1 tbsp flax seeds
150 g dark chocolate
70 ml cream
25 g butter
- In a chopper / food processor blend wheat flakes, coconut biscuits, and flax seeds
- blitz till they look like coarse bread crumbs
- in a pan heat butter and condensed milk and till it starts bubbling
- add the cornflour and cook till u see it coming together
- add the crumbs and turn off and mix well with a wooden spoon
- set in a greased lose bottom tin
- for topping melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler
- warm the cream and add to the chocolate.
- whisk till its mixed homogeneously
- pour over the biscuit base and set for 1 hour in the refrigerator
- cut into wedges and serve