Mushrooms, have a natural mood uplifting quality about them. It is said that they have natural MSG like substances in them that intoxicate your taste buds and improve the flavor of anything that they are cooked with. I simply adore their versatility. However the recipe i am sharing today is a classic and is pure elixir when u have a cold or it is raining cats and dogs outside. well i am blessed to have a kitchen which has no doors or windows and i can enjoy cooking this recipe wile i can smell the whiff of the first rain on the grass.
and this is my favorite monsoon recipe . it also does wonders to a misty glum winter lunch.
Mushroom Claypot Rice
Rice Boiled 1 cup
Water 1 L
2 shitake mushrooms
Boiled shitake mushrooms 6
Fresh mushrooms 6
Fried garlic 1 tsp
Fresh garlic 1 tsp ( grated)
Spring onion chopped 1 tsp ( garnish )
Sesame oil for garish
Oil for cooking
Chinese Cooking wine 1 dash
- heat all ingredients for the stock for 30 mins on high heat covered.... (till it becomes half)
- strain and put aside
- Heat oil sauté garlic and sliced mushrooms till they wilt
- Add boiled rice and the stock.
- Add the seasonings and cook till the stock gets thicker
- Finish with sesame oil chinese wine and chopped spring onion
P.S. serve with chili oil and chopped spring onion greens on the side.