I have seen people make a huge cry about baking chocolate hip cooking especially the ones that are slightly chewy inside and crunchy outside and I have always wondered why in the mane of the lord.
In-fact this recipe I stumbled upon ages ago in an old book and that I bought from a shop if second hand books and I have always found it so easy to make.
There are many people who just throw in some chocolate chip in a basic short bread, those I detest. Have a look at these beauties and tell me how it was ...
Here goes ...
150 g Maida/ Refined Flour
1 tsp Baking Pwd
125 g margarine
85 g mascavado sugar/ brown sugar
5 tbsp fine caster sugar / breakfast sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa powder
125 g chocolate chips / chopped chocolate
- · Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a wooden spoon . Do not use hands… make sure the egg is chilled and the margarine is at room temp
- · Make 12 – 14 equal balls or scoops of the dough and chill for 30 mins in the freezer spacing then with a gap of 1.5 inches all around on a baking tray lined with butter paper
- · Bake in preheated 190 degrees Celsius oven
- · Cook till evenly golden
- · Cool on a wire rack and serve once hard
These are so easy to make but pleas make sure you follow all the measurements to the hilt. Even slight changes can change the product quite a lot