Winter brings to us a lot of things, pleasant weather, happiness, celebration, and my favorite of them all Strawberries. A strawberry is not a fruit, its a symbol of love, a mouthful of strawberry and cream and feel like a blissful winter morning fulling your sense.
Have been making this Gateaux for years now.... and its never failed to bring a smile ..
A gateaux can be good and with a little care it can become mind blowing. Here is a recipe for a gateaux as light as cotton..
100 g sugar
Red Colour few drops
Maida 110 g
- beat eggs and sugar till sugar is dissolved and the eggs become stiff like whipped cram
- add few drops red colour
- fold in the maida with a fork, be very gentle
- bake in a lined cake tin at 190 degrees for 25 mins..
300 g whipped cream
4 tbsp icing sugar
chopepd strawberries 1 cup
light sugar syrup with a hint of strawberry essence 1/2 cup
- mix suagr and cream together
- cut the cake into three and layer soaking cake with sugar syrup
- add a layer of cream and strawberry
- repeat the process with second layer
- top with third layer and cover in cream
- garnish as desired with chopped strawberries